When you visit Denmark, West Zealand, you must visit Trelleborg. When you visit Trelleborg it is just as it was when the vikings lived there.
Trelleborg is a Viking fortress from around year 980. It was the first discovery of a circle castle in Denmark, and we believe it has been a military facility for the vikings.
During the summer season you can have an eventful day, you can become "Viking for a day", shoot with bows and arrows, make your own butter, visit the blacksmith and make your own jewelry or your own knife and much more.
- The castle was built by King Harald Bluetooth
- Trelleborg is a circular fortress with a diameter of 170 meters
- The fortress was fortified with a 17 meter wide circle of violence
- The gates of the violence is located in the 4 corners of the world
- It is located on the peninsula between the confluence of Vårby Å and Tude Å
- Denmark's only Viking shield found at Trelleborg
- The fortress was excavated in the period 1934 - 1942
- The tombs are found sense things such as beads, bronze buckles and game pieces
- The fortress is constructed of a sophisticated mathematical measurement system